Saturday, July 22, 2017

Security Guard, Friend In Police Custody For Stealing Boss’ Fridge, Air Conditioners. Photo


A young man Tayo Elijah who was earning N25, 000 monthly salary as a guard in a restaurant is undergoing investigation for allegedly masterminding robbery in the restaurant.


Elijah, according to the police, allegedly connived with his friend one Kabiru Ajayi to steal air conditioners, fridges and other properties in the restaurant on Victoria Island Lagos but luck ran out on them when the policemen attached to the Victoria Island Police Station got wind of their activities and swung into action.


Guard, friend in police custody for stealing boss’ fridge, air conditioners

It was gathered that the policemen caught the suspects in the act while they were loading the goods into a truck they hired to move them to the Ikorodu area of the state. The suspect were subsequently arrested and transferred to the station where they confessed to the crime, police source said.

The police arrested two other men, one Rafiu Olayinka the driver of the truck and one Akaramu Usman in connection with the crime. Usman is said to be the criminal receiver of the stolen property. Narrating to Saturday Telegraph why he stole the property, Elijah said: “I have been working in the restaurant for some time now but the owners closed down the place due to poor sales.

They are paying me N25, 000 monthly salary and my employers had never defaulted in paying me even now that the restaurant is not open for business. “I have received my salary for June and I allow vehicle owners to park on the premises for N500. I and my friends also wash cars and we get paid. I am sad that I got myself into this mess. I was afraid that I was going to lose my job because I heard that the owners had given the restaurant to a church on lease.

The church has taken possession and is moving in gradually. I heard that when the church is fully on ground, they will sack me and bring their members go serve as security. I was scared and I thought of a scheme to steal the air conditioners and the fridges. I was loading them into a truck when police arrested me and my friend.”

The driver Olayinka however denied the allegations. He said: “I was called to move the properties to Ikorodu. HD agreed to pay N30, 000 for my services. I didn’t know that the properties were stolen.” The alleged criminal receiver Usman said: “I thought they were scraps. I wanted to buy and resell them.” The police recovered four Scanfrost deep freezers, two LG air conditioners, three Panasonic air conditioners among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.