Friday, June 23, 2017

How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos - * Victim | cc @officialEFCC



A man shared his experience with us on how he was defrauded after paying to rent an apartment in lagos .. He wrote the message below and shared the pictures




Due to traffic and distance to my office, I decided to move from my previous location at Ikorudu to Orile Iganmu so that I will be closer to my office which is located around constain, While searching I saw an agent number and decide to call (09097079102), What really attracted me since I was kind of desperate was the note I saw which was ‘pay and pack’.


I was taken to the house which I found okay for my standard, little building renovation is needed (fixing the door mainly) it’s a semi new house. I spoke to the supposed developer or caretaker of the house named Akinola he explained how the house was given to him to manage, I was curious (I had some doubts in me though). The next day, I went to the street nearby to ask from shop owners around the house to make inquiries about the house, they gave me a go ahead that the owner is genuine; all this was on the 11th of June.


On the 13th of June I went to the house and still saw the same people with all of this I was rest assured that am paying the right people, I made a transfer of 180,000.00 to diamond bank account number 0054904265 ATANDA TAJUDIN YUSUF and I was giving a receipt and agreement, (I was again assured because the guy is a Muslim and claimed to be fasting, which gave me assurance that it was genuine). I was told to come and collect the key by 25th of June as the room would have been fully renovated. I decide to check on the place to see how the work is going on Tuesday 20th of June, I met people inside the house fighting and smoking marijuana, they said the room belongs to them with the same receipt I have with me.


I later got to know that the man Mr Atanda collected close to 9 million from other people for same room(there was like 6 rooms in the upper apartment), I was stunned to say the least, we were up to 22 with same receipt, we concluded to report the matter to police station but some of us disagree that we should called the Ijo people (Landlord Association), We called them and they brought some police man which later sent everybody out of the house and lock the whole house including the church that was downstairs in the house, after that we were told to go the police station to make statements, when we got to the station(Orile Iganmu or so), the police started their usual rhetoric. They said they cannot arrest him. I just left the police station with anger and disappointment.


Another thing that baffled was that a church was below the apartment. I wonder whether a church who claimed to be serving God doesn’t know about the fraud on this apartment. They acted dumb all through. I know the building would be opened very soon. I know the police have been bribed by their actions and activities. I saw pregnant women and families that were already prepared to move but were defrauded of their money

I am sad and depressed to say the least, I used my last card to get this apartment, now am stuck. We were up to 30 people that were defrauded

Many families were defrauded. Some paid time 4 of what I paid. I don’t have faith in Nigerian police.

People should also learn from this when looking for apartment in Lagos. There are fraudsters all over using name of religion and ethnicity.

Please if anyone knows how I can reclaim my money. I will so much appreciate it.












No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.