Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ex-Tourism minister under GEJ's tenure, Edem Duke, dumps PDP for APC


Former Minister of Tourism under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Edem Duke, today announced his defection from PDP to APC. Duke announced his defection when he went to register as a member of the APC at the Edem Odo Ward in Akpabuyo local government area of Cross River State earlier today.


According to him, his defection is based on the fact that APC is on the road map to salvage Nigeria.

“It is a declaration of my passion and determination that this country of ours requires the commitment and cooperation of all and sundry. I am one who is always passionate about the development of my community. Having taken a look at the political landscape of Nigeria, I believe I cannot be an inactive observer in the trend of development in our country today.

It is a call to duty for us to salvage our country and that is principally the issue that influence my declaration for the APC today. For me what I see the APC is doing is rekindling hope in Nigeria and encouraging those who have active years left to join the task of constructing and reconstructing the various strata of our social, economic and cultural development and I think that I am a relevant player in all of that.”he said

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.