Saturday, December 17, 2016

"She Withdrew Money With My ATM Card And Gave It To Her Boyfriends" -- Husband

File Photo

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos State, has dissolved a 10-year-old marriage between a mother of four, Mrs Obianuju Agina, and her husband, Kingsley, over allegation of adultery. According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the court dissolved the union at the instance of the petitioner, Agina.



Delivering his judgement, the president of the court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, said the petitioner was adamant that the marriage be dissolved in spite of mediation by the court and the family.

“Since the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court has no choice than to dissolve the union in spite of the fact that the wife claims she still loves her husband. “The court pronounces the marriage between Mr Kingsley Agina and Mrs Obianuju Agina dissolved today, both parties henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

“Both are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances and molestation, the court wishes both of you well in your future endeavours,” Omilola ruled.

Agina, 49, a businessman, had told the court that his wife, Obianuju, by whom he had four children, always slept with her lovers in their matrimonial home.

“My wife is promiscuous, she used to bring men into my house to sleep whenever I travelled abroad for business. “There was a day I came back from my business trip, I discovered that my glass central table had been broken.

“I asked my daughter who broke it, she told me that it was one uncle my wife brought home that broke it. “There was also a day I discovered that my bed was shaking, I called a carpenter to come and repair it but as we lifted the bed up, we saw several used tissue papers under the bed.

“She used to withdraw money with my ATM card and give her boyfriends,” he said.

The petitioner also accused his wife of poisoning his food.

“Since 2008, I have noticed that my food was being laced with poison, which has resulted to my deteriorating health, I could not sleep nor walk. “I have spent about five million naira but I never got well, in fact my health is getting worse.

“Since I was sick, my wife’s parent never called nor came to my house to ask about my health,” he said.

However, Obianuju, 35, a businesswoman, denied all the allegations, saying that it was her husband who was “promiscuous”.

“My husband brings home different girls of different sizes and colours. “I once saw condom in his bag, so I went to buy him a packet. He queried me and I told him that he needed it so that he would not contract any disease to infect me. “I have been faithful to our marital vow, I have never had sex with any man, my husband married me a virgin at the age of 25,” she said.

The mother of four also denied ever poisoning her husband.

“How will I poison the father of my children, what do I stand to gain, my hands are clean, I don’t know how poison got into his body,” she said.

She said that the N100,000 she withdrew with her husband’s ATM card was for the upkeep of the house.

Obianuju pleaded with the court not to dissolve the marriage, adding that she was still in love with him

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.