Thursday, December 01, 2016

Donald Trump; Prof. Wole Soyinka Fulfills Pledge As He Dumps His US Green Card



Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka has reportedly carried out his threat to throw away his United States residency green card and leave the country if Donald Trump defeats Hilary Clinton. ...


He told AFP on the sidelines of an education conference at the University of Johannesburg that now that the Republican candidate had been victorious, he had kept his promise: 

“I have already done it, I have disengaged (from the United States). I have done what I said I would do,” Soyinka was quoted as saying at a conference in South Africa. “I had a horror of what is to come with Trump… I threw away the (green) card, and I have relocated, and I’m back to where I have always been,” added according an agency report.

He however said he would not discourage others from applying for a green card.

It's useful in many ways; I wouldn't for one single moment discourage any Nigerians or anybody from acquiring a green card... ... but I have had enough of it."
According to AFP, he has been reported to have recently completed a term as scholar-in-residence at New York University's Institute of African American Affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.