Saturday, June 18, 2016

I miss buying akara on the streets – Singer Yemi Alade



If  there is one thing Afro-pop singer, Yemi Eberechi Alade aka Yemi Alade, is missing like hell, it is the freedom to step out and buy her favourite bean cake (Akara).


The musician of Yoruba-Igbo heritage, who hit the limelight after she won Peak Talent Show in 2009 but finally found success after the release of her hit track, Johnny, in 2013, told TheSun:

  • When you wake up in the morning, what comes to your mind first?

Wow! The first thing I do is pray for effyzzie Music Group; that one is for sure.

Secondly, I pray for all lovers of my music, asking God to meet them at the point of their needs and then, I pray for the music industry.
  • Did you know you would be­come this big five years ago?

Well, it has always been my prayer. I had no idea how it would happen but I am just a pencil in God’s hands.


  • What has fame denied you?

Wow! I can’t walk on the streets anymore like I used to do. I used to enjoy and love taking long walks but I can’t anymore.

  • Is there a particular food or snack you have missed so much on account of stardom?

Well, it’s akara (bean cake), I love akara but this is not a situation of fame. Sometimes when I go to see my mum, there is always akara.

  • Which artistes influenced your beginnings?

So many did. In Nigeria, Omawunmi has always been an inspiration. Beyoncé is definitely another big source of inspiration.

  • Did you ever think of quitting?

There are no two ways about it; I definitely thought I was going to get a white-collar job. I have my BSc in Geography. The truth is that mu­sic is a financially intensive project. It was pretty tough. I thank God for meeting Efizzy Music Group.

  • What kept you going?

The passion, when your stomach is empty, your wallet empty and you’re tired; the only thing that keeps you going is God and passion.

  • Despite your fame you have steered clear of controversies. How did you pull it off?

I don’t look for trouble; that is the secret.

  • When the time comes to finally settle down, what tribe would you settle for?

It is beyond tribe for me; tribe should be the least criterion.
  • Are you seeing any man right now?

O! Yes I am. You can see many men around (points at male guests at the event amid laughter)

  • Who is your ideal man?

He has to be God fearing, have good prospect, and of course, a sense of humour.

  • What is the craziest thing a fan has done to you on stage?

A fan tried to grab my waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.