Saturday, June 11, 2016

I Can Never Bleach My Skin, Wear A Bikini & I Regret Having A Tattoo- Kemi Afolabi


Actress Kemi Afolabi who was recently in the news for having a fight with Shebaby says one thing she regrets in her life is having a tattoo.


According to Kemi, she got the tattoo when she was in UNILAG and it is because she was naïve back then. She also spoke about toning her skin and emphasized that she has never bleached before in her life.

It seems you have a tattoo?

Yes I do.

Do you have plans of getting more?

No, that was youthful exuberance. I got the tattoo before I became an actress. When I was in UNILAG, there was a woman who owned a boutique in school and she wanted me to be the face of the boutique. We were taking pictures when a guy that had a tattoo shop there told me that if I had a tiny tattoo somewhere on my body, it would fit me especially if I wore a spaghetti top. That was when I did it and I regret it now.


Why do you regret it?

It is because I am not that type of person. I do not really like it but I was too naïve then. I am very lucky about where it is. If it was on my hand, it would show every day but as it is on my chest, it is not too conspicuous. It is not every time that I open my chest and I am very lucky because most times when I am acting, the clothes I wear cover it up. It is quite tiny so even if I have to show some flesh, it can be concealed.

Have you ever considered removing it?

Yes I have but someone told me that the mark would never go. They say that it would only be covered and what they told me was not too encouraging, so I just left it.

Does that mean you cannot wear a bikini or bum shorts?

I can only wear a mini skirt and bum shorts on set. To be honest, I cannot wear bikini because I have stretch marks on my tummy because I have had babies. Even without the stretch marks, I cannot be caught wearing a bikini because it is as if I am wearing pant and bra. It is awkward, so I can never be seen wearing that.

Do you bleach your skin?

I have never been a dark person. If you see people bleaching, you will know; you can never see dark patches on my knuckles. My mother and my younger sister are fair in complexion but I am not as fair as they are. Over time with the kind of job we do, we are always under the light and my dermatologist has told me that I need to tone my skin. Before now, I used to have a lot of pimples on my face and the moment you begin to administer some things on it like creams, cleansers, then you start getting lighter. I am not bleaching but I have been made to understand that to keep the skin healthy, I need to tone my skin to make it have a particular kind of look. I have never bleached and I will never bleach. I am not bleaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.