Saturday, January 16, 2016

My honorary award, a dream come true – Pastor E.A. Adeboye


The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, on Friday said one of his dreams has come to pass with the Honorary Doctorate award conferred on him by the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife...


Adeboye, an alumnus of the OAU, said this during a special 41st convocation held to confer an award on him at the Oduduwa Hall of the OAU.

According to him, the award should serve a lesson to everyone not to look down on anybody.

While narrating how he had a dream to be honoured by the university, he said, “Today, I will talk to you about the mathematics of dreams or mathematics of fulfilment of dreams. With it, dreams can be related to linear equation. What is impossible for men is possible for God, that is why you should never write off anybody.

When late Oba Adesoji Aderemi was given honorary award by this university, I said to my friend that one day, I too will like to get a honorary award of this university, my friend laughed and said if it is something that can be worked for, he has no doubt that I will get it because I am hardworking and brilliant. He said honorary award of this kind is only given to people of high class.

“But today, a special convocation is holding to award a honorary doctorate to the ordinary person of that time. I am not given this particular award today because of my scholastic work in academics. The only reason why the Senate of this university set today apart is because God want to make a dream possible.

“I have several honorary awards from different universities both within and outside the country but I waited for this one. God has made a dream come to pass. I got my Bachelor Degree in this school and I was committed before, now I will be more committed to the well-being of the university.”

While speaking at a special Holy Ghost service on Friday, Adeboye said no President has the power to heal Nigeria.

During the service organised by the OAU Christian Mobilisation Committee, both the pastors and congregation interceded and prayed for the growth of OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State and Nigeria.

Adeboye explained that Head of States can only try their best, only God possessed the needed power to transform.

He said, “It is only God that can get things done. Whatever human feels is impossible is easily done by God.

“I was joking with a former Head of State in this country (Nigeria). I asked who is more powerful? The president or pastor? He (Head of State) said the President. He said if the President imposes a curfew the pastor cannot worship, operate or hold programmes. I told him that the president cannot make the lame to walk or heal a leper. He can’t even heal the people of his country or his country.”

Vice-Chancellor of OAU, Prof. Bamitale Omole, testified that God’s intervention remained a major drive for the university’s growth.

“Although we have challenges, God has been faithful to us. At times, there are crisis and shut down of the school but God has proved to be stronger in all ramifications. I pray that God that has seen OAU through challenges for so many years won’t leave it,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.