Saturday, December 26, 2015

READ: WHY I WAS DENIED ENTRY INTO AN EVENT – ADEKUNLE GOLD



The name Adekunle Gold isn’t unpopular and this has brought the singer a semblance of fame and significant lifestyle upgrade, however, that wasn’t the story years ago

The Orente singer recently revealed that he was once denied entry into an event because of his ‘old’ vehicle...



In a brief chat with NairaNaijaNEWS at a music concert, the singer narrated the experience which led to the conception of his new record Pick Up.


He said: “I went for an event and they didn’t allow me enter because my car was old. Meanwhile I saw a Range Rover enter the same venue while I was arguing with the security guards.”


“Apparently my car was irrelevant because my car was invented in 1999, so you can’t compare it to a Range Rover. So I was just thinking about it and saying to myself ‘Lord I need a new car and Pick Up was waiting for me to write it.”

“So I was just like ‘Baba God Emi na fe wa Range o’ (which translates as God I want to buy a Range Rover). Then I added basically everyone’s story to it. Everyone wants to have children. Everybody wants a good thing in life. So the song is for everybody. Pick Up is a song that is just a conversation between you and God. I was basically ranting when I was singing the song.”



Many have opined that Pick Up has some elements of Adele‘s Hello in it.


On this, Adekunle cleared the air saying: “I don’t know when they wrote the song for Adele but I had written Pick Up about 6 months ago but it was just much of a coincidence that I dropped it at the same time so people were thinking it was about the song. There is nothing about Hello in Pick Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.