Friday, August 07, 2015

MEET: The First Nigerian Female Pilot, 23 year old


Rosemary Sugh, a 23-year old Benue young Lady,  a graduate of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, was born on November 14, 1992...and according to an interview she granted last year, she has flown three planes so far, a TD9, a TD20, and a Multi Engine, B68. Speaking about why she became a pilot, Rosemary, who is from Kwande local government area of Benue state. said;
It was my childhood determination. When I look up and see planes flying and making noise , I was like, God, I have to be a pilot. And it helped me in the sense that the kind of movies I watched, one of the movies was Starship Trooper.

READ: Woman jumps from 3rd floor to escape rapist but dies

There was a lot of discouragement from my parents and other people. They assumed that if you are a lady and you are a pilot, you may not marry, you can’t cope with marriage. So, when I saw a lady in that Starship Trooper, I was moved.

I said wow, if this girl can fly, then I can fly. And I put it into prayers, despite all the obstacles and discouragement."

READ: PDP urges Buhari to probe Tinubu, Amaechi

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.