Friday, July 17, 2015

Finally We Have The First Igbo Appointment Under Buhari

At last, the Igbos have something to cheer about as they finally get an Igbo indigene gets appointment under President Buhari's administration. The Igbo man who by Name Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh has been referred by many as "The lucky one" has been unveiled by the Nigeria Football Federation, replacing sacked Stephen
Keshi, as coach of the Super Eagles.

However, the newly appointed head coach of the Super Eagles has told Nigerians in clear terms that he does not possess the magic of a messiah but would give as much as 150 percent service towards lifting Nigerian football to greater heights.


“One thing I will say, dear compatriots, is that I am not a Messiah. I have come to do my very best, give 150%, to take Nigeria football to the next level, with the support of my assistants, the NFF and relevant stakeholders. I am optimistic that we will lift the Nigeria game to a new height,” Oliseh pledged at his official presentation to the media and general public in Abuja yesterday.

READPDP to Obama: Teach Buhari tenets of democracy


The former Nigeria’s captain, while dealing with several questions and insinuations on his per­ceived stubbornness drew the lines between being principled and being stubborn.

“I have come to serve, and the NFF has promised to give me all the support I need to succeed. They are the employers and I am the employee. That distinction has to be appreciated at all times,” he said.


“I have had meetings with members of the Tech­nical and Development Committee, led by Chief Anyansi-Agwu, very knowledgeable people all. I have met members of the Executive Committee and the General Secretary. I believe we will all work together excellently. It is a huge honour to be Head Coach of Nigeria,” Oliseh added.


Meanwhile, NFF president, Pinnick, yesterday announced that his board would immediately pay three months’ salary of Oliseh and his assistants in advance; while the Super Eagles’ gaffer and member of the FIFA Technical Study Group opened a window on his philosophy for player-selection.

SEE: OVER 50 JOB OPENINGS FOR AFRICANS AT WORLD-BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.