Monday, February 13, 2017

Bayelsa Father Arrested After Trying To Kill His Daughters In Their Sleep.



A 57-year-old man, Ekpokemem Odoni, has been arrested for attacking two of his daughters, 23 year old Ezonboere Odoni and 16 year old Norene Odoni, with a machete in an attempt to kill them while they were asleep. The dastardly act took place in Agudama in Yenagoa Local Government Area, Bayelsa state....



Giving his statement, the suspect told officers of the Bayelsa Police command that he had overheard his daughters’ plot to kill him which was why he dealt deep machete cuts on them in an attempt to kill them.

“I went to Sagbama to cut wood. But I got injured in my leg. When I returned home, my daughters boiled water for me and also cooked food for me. But as they were discussing between themselves, I overhead them say that they would put charm in my water and food to kill me. So I refused to eat the food.



“When they were sleeping at night, around 11:00 pm, I took my cutlass and went to where they were sleeping and attacked them. I thought they were dead and ran away in fear.

“On the road, a police team on patrol saw me. They suspected I did something wrong; so they stopped me and asked questions. I confessed what I did to my daughters and they took me to Akenfa Police station.

“I have regretted my action. I want God to forgive my evil act.”

Meanwhile, neighbours quickly rescued the two daughters and took them to Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobiri, where healthcare staff battled to save their lives.

One of the daughters who spoke with Channels Television on her hospital bed, said “We love our father. We cannot hurt our father. My father came home on that fateful day with a big injury. We boiled water for him to bathe and clean the wound.

“After taking care of him, we went to bed. While we were sleeping my father attacked us with a cutlass and tried to kill us. When he thought that we were dead, he left the house. It was our neighbours that rescued us and brought us to this hospital (NDUTH), where we are receiving treatment.”

The Assistant Commissioner of Police, in charge of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Ahmed Abdul, while confirming the arrest of the suspect, added that the cutlass allegedly used by the suspect to commit the criminal act had been recovered by detectives.

He said the case has been transferred to the headquarters of the State Criminal Investigation Department (Homicide Section), Bayelsa Police Command, Yenagoa.

Abdul also gave an assurance that the suspect would soon be charged to court

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE LOVE COMMENTS, POST A COMMENT

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.