Saturday, July 11, 2015

My wife died 14 days after God told me He would take her away’

After 44 years of marriage, Sir James Joseph Itapke,  a knight of the Catholic Church, lost his wife and mother of his five children, Lady Angelina Itakpe, to a brief illness on October 1, 2014. He told Sunday Vanguard that 14 days before then, precisely September 17, that year, God informed him  that He would take away what Itakpe loved most.
Itakpe retired as a Manager in Union Bank and  hails from Afowoh in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State.
“I usually gather my family every morning and evening for prayers. On September 17, 2014,  I told my wife to read the Bible and pray before we went for the activities of the day. My wife and I read the daily verses according to the Roman Catholic Church. We read Ezekiel in which God was talking to Ezekiel, sending a message to Israelites. We read the gospel and we did all normal prayers,”he started.
The knight continued: “But when we finished, she took her Bible and went into the room. She said l should expatiate more on what God was telling Ezekiel. All of a sudden, a paper appeared before me.
James-Joseph-Itapke
“The Lord said in that paper, ~Very soon, I am going to take the one you love most. I am going to kill your wife and, when that happens, do not mourn, do not cry, do not shave your hairs as mourners do’.
“I could not completely digest it; so I took the Bible and went into my room and I asked if it was me God was talking to or Ezekiel. And I said, ‘ No, it couldn’t have been me but Ezekiel’. I  came out  of my room and behold my wife was coming out of her room looking gaunt in her structure, weary and weak. I kept my gaze, I just shook my head and turned my face.
“On September 21, 2014, we had our annual harvest thanksgiving during which  my wife danced to the altar, and we presented  gifts with smile and everything..The  following Sunday, September 24, she did her work as Church Warden in the parish. During the Holy Communion, she caught a small girl in the parish with the Holy Eucharist on her palm even as the church had ordered that only priests should serve the Eucharist because of the fear of Ebola.

READ: MUST READ: Some Legendary Nigerian Pictures And Quotes


“This little girl went to the altar, took the Eucharist and closed her hand without anybody seeing her and was going to her seat. Mumise, as my wife was fondly called, took the little girl to the priest after Holy Communion and opened her hand and the Eucharist was there. She asked her where she was going with it. The little girl replied that she was going home with it. The priest  took her to the altar and  told the congregation that girl had committed a sacrilege. The priest then took the little girl to his office and started interviewing her; more revelations came out after which we left.

“By September 27, 2014 midnight, my wife broke down. She said  her stomach was cold, and I said we had to go and see a doctor. She agreed but said we would go in the morning as it was risky to go out that late. Efforts to persuade her failed and we waited till early morning of the 28th and phoned our doctor for an appointment and the doctor said he would be at the clinic by 5pm; we had to wait till 5pm to see the doctor.

READ: See What Girls Now Wear To Pop Out Their Buttocks And Other Parts of Their Body


“When we got to the hospital, the doctor was in the theatre, so we waited. After the operation, around 6pm, the doctor came our and administered some drugs to calm her. While we were at it, Mumie started belching and wanting to vomit. I held a bowl by her mouth, she vomited in it. It was then that the doctor realised it was more serious than is he looked. She was admitted and given drip. She felt better  and was subsequently discharged.

“On the way home, she started belching again, trying to vomit but nothing to vomit because she had  not eaten. By midnight of the 30th of September, the sickness got worse, Mumise became very restless. She advised against going out in the midnight. She sat down and requested for water to drink.  I gave her water but she vomited again. In the morning of October 1, we again went to hospital.

“As soon as we got to the hospital, she started breathing very heavily. All the doctors in the hospital, about five of them, and the nurses rushed out and they started calling out to Mumie because they all knew her very well. They asked why l did not bring her in the midnight. I could not answer because I was dumb founded.

“They rushed her to the ward. By the time they got to the ward, Mumsie turned to me and said the Matron told her that l was crying; she asked  why l was crying. I could not answer her.

“They brought in oxygen to stabilise her breathing. While they were on it, I could not bear it any longer and was going in and out of the ward. I was just by the door of the ward when l heard a loud voice commanding me to go back to my wife. The voice was sharp and clear; so l went back to my wife and held her by the hand while I placed my right hand on her shoulder.
“All of a sudden, my wife turned with all the energy in her and looked at me straight in the eyes. I noticed that her eyes had changed. I gave her a peck on the cheek, I covered her eyes, I took her hands again and  prayed. I laid her back on the bed, closed her eyes and put her hands on her body and then I walked out. She was dead.

“As I was  going out, the Medical Director instructed some nurses to follow me, as though I looked strong, l was lost.  I went to his office straight and sat down on a chair after which we discussed.

“At that point, the warning echoed again that l must not cry, mourn or shave my hair. That  encouraged me because Christ actually supported me very strongly. He had told me what was going to happen; therefore, I was not moved to tears because I would be offending God if I did so. It is painful to me but God knows best.
“In my hometown, men can shave a little of their heads to show they are mourning or wear all black to show that you are really mourning a wife.”
Recounting how life is without his wife, Itakpe said, “She was a real companion who got to understand and accept me for what I am and tried to make the best of me and that is what I am missing. She was the one who would look at me and say ‘you’re wrong’ and I had to accept and bury my pride and I will say ‘sorry, you’re right’. That is the sort of counselling I am missing now.”

Nigerian Woman Shows Off Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

  A woman from Orlu, Imo State showed off a giant Cassava tuber she harvested from her farmland, NairaNaijaNews reports. See photo below.